Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Aadab From Across the Border followup...

Here are some more thoughts from respected Sheikh Sarwar Ji who sent his lovely memories of Jalandhar earlier and has been posted in the blog :
"You know - I believe - what happened! Families used to meet at marriage parties and other celebrations and used tointroduce afresh own children to elders of other families; and vis-versa; so, the relations and faces were imprinted inthe minds of youngsters. Elders used to pat and move hand over heads of known chilldren, ask for welfare of family.salam, dua, pyar. And, nobody expected families will be departed in so short time with unpleasant journey thatremoved the faces and memories about families and relatives from youngsters. Thereafter, everybody got busy inearning livelihood and lot contact with each other for some time if not for ever. Children grew older, got into theirown worries; nobody cared to look back. I have hurriedly put my memories on the net thinking someday sometimesomeone will find someone's name (at least) from family. In religion line as well as in families; people (I salute tothose people) who charted family trees; I took only one sheet of paper. Closer inter-family photographs were alsotaken and could be seen in houses. Now photographs of marriage/birthday parties are kept in albums and when some guest comes couple of albumsare thrown for them to see. Then unknown faces for the onlookers are pointed with finger; she is ??? he is......etc. etc. Another step over this with the younger generation; "why should I know, who is who - I have no time. I am busy..etc. Same generations travels a long way to see monuments; buildings by emperors, civilizations burried andunearthed. == There is always dark under the candle". Sachin, please put my feelings in my related blogs. Ashwani ji, aap se bhi pararthna hai to put it there soour children should known what I want they should have a feel of. Regards,Sheikh Sarwar"

No comments: